Instead of focusing on monetary goals or specific outcomes, I decided I’d rather write down my 2018 goals as processes that I believe will lead to the desired outcomes. I’ve split these processes into the 4 categories/areas I will be focusing the majority of my energy towards in 2018: Health and fitness, personal development, poker and content creation.
Health and fitness
- Do a short yoga/stretching/mobility routine every morning.
- Go to the gym 6 times per week. No. F**king. Excuses.
- Limit alcohol consumption to a maximum of 3 units per day and a maximum of 6 units per month. I’m gonna be the soberest brewmaster you’ve ever met!
- Limit added sugar consumption to the occasional dessert at restaurants etc. This means no candy, no potato chips, no soda and none of that other crap.
- Write morning and evening journals daily (3 things I am grateful for, 3 good things that happened that day, and finally, how could I have made that day better).
- Experiment with different forms of meditation.
- Meditate for at least 20 minutes every day (hands down this will be the hardest one to adhere to).
- Read a book (or listen to an audiobook) for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Study for at least 15 hours per week, using a mix of training material, hand discussion with friends and software such as PioSOLVER and HRC. Main focus: PioSOLVER and becoming adept at the vast amount of different features in this software.
- Play at least 35 hours of interwebs poker per week.
- Play at least 20 live tournaments.
- Take on a few students.
- Stream on Twitch for at least 20 hours per week.
- Create a YouTube vlog for every live event I attend.
- Write at least 1 blog post each month, mainly focusing on interesting poker hands.
- Start a “book club” project, sharing notes, thoughts and biggest take aways from the various (non-fiction) books I consume.